A.C. Sondhi and Associates in association with Silicon Valley Accountants is pleased to present EITF Member Tony Sondhi in a series of free Webinars on financial reporting issues.
On the third Tuesday of each month (with a few exceptions) at 1:00 PM PDT, Tony Sondhi, (author, instructor, and one of the preeminent experts in the field of revenue recognition) will lead a one hour webinar on a current issue in financial reporting. (Archive of previous webinars and presentations)
Next Webinar: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 - 1:00 PM EDT (10:00 AM PDT)
Revenue Recognition (Topic 605)
Revenue from Contracts with Customers
Revised Exposure Draft – Part IV in 2013
In November 2011, the FASB issued a revised Proposed Accounting Standards Update (ASU) on Revenue Recognition. This webcast follows several 2012 webcasts on this topic and is the first in 2013 designed to provide a comprehensive review of this amended proposed ASU.
Please join us on Wednesday, June 19, 2013 at 1 PM (EDT), when EITF Member Tony Sondhi, (author, instructor and one of the preeminent experts in the field of revenue recognition), conducts Part 4 in 2013 of this webcast series on the significant challenges companies face as they prepare to apply this new standard. You will learn about the following critical issues (among others) in this webcast:
- The new standard,
- Changes to the existing requirements, and
- The financial risks and reporting implications of those changes.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Staff accountants, internal and external auditors, financial reporting managers, controllers, CFOs, and financial analysts responsible for financial reporting and analysis of revenue transactions at their companies will find this webcast useful.
OBJECTIVES AND PREREQUISITES
This webcast is designed to provide an introduction to the proposed ASU. Upon completing this webcast you will:
- Learn about the five steps in the application of the core principle of this proposed standard,
- Improve your understanding of the issues, proposed guidance, and financial reporting risks related to the current deliberations of the Boards on the ASU, and
- Receive information about the Key implications of this guidance.
Given the introductory nature of this webcast, there are no prerequisites to attending this webcast.
Webcast attendees will be eligible for 1 hour of NASBA approved CPE credit at no cost as long as the following criteria are met:
- Answer “Yes” to the question “Would you like to receive CPE credit for this webinar” at the bottom of the registration form.
- Specify the state in which you hold your license.
- Attend the webcast for a minimum of 50 minutes.
- Respond to all three of the polling questions.
- Complete a NASBA required program and speaker evaluation within one week of the webinar. The same email address must be used when completing this evaluation as when initially registering for the webinar.
Please understand that in order for us to offer this educational opportunity at no cost all requirements listed above must be met. Failure to meet these requirements will result in a $50 administrative fee.
Recommended CPE Credits for this webcast: 1 hour; Preparation: None; Level of Knowledge: Intermediate; Field of Study: Accounting; Method of Delivery: Group Internet-based.
A.C. Sondhi & Associates, LLC strives to present current, accurate and enlightening information to its students. Should it become necessary to cancel this webcast for any reason registered attendees will be notified by email with as much advance notice as possible. For more information on administrative policies such as refunds and complaints please contact our offices at 727-797-1515.
A.C. Sondhi and Associates is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the national Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses of CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.